As I watch the events in the world unfold it seems that America has come to a point in its evolution that we cannot turn back from. People who would call themselves republicans, are at war with their own party leaders.
And the T.E.A. Party seems to be hijacked by a select few who know nothing of their nation's history and care nothing for their nation's constitution. The only thing they care about is invoking some sick and twisted Christian type Sharia Law.
Do the the regular republicans even know who they voted for anymore?
On the same token, do we as democrats even know who we voted for anymore? Our president said he would walk the lines with our unions when they needed to fight for their rights, and what did we get? Oh, just a few talking points.
THAT'S IT? Granted, we had Egypt and Libya going on. But President Obama could of just taken one day out of his schedule and put on his comfortable shoes and stand with the people that elected him.
I've been thinking about what are nation has been put thru for the last decade and we as Americans have a right to fear. Our economy is in the tank, just beginning to breathe new life. We have three costly wars that have cost our family members lives, our friends lives, our treasure, our safety and security, and most importantly our freedom.
So what now? Most republicans have just pushed and pushed for power grabs left and right, doing everything to cut even the most basic services at the expense of tax breaks for the top 2% of our nation with subsidies to match. And what of the democrats? Government so big, it can't get out of its own way. Departments that cover departments that cover departments. Where is the line on both sides?
So what do we do now?
Time for truth from me, I have really never voted, I honestly never cared to. The reason why was I thought the world would just forget about me and let me do my own thing and leave me be. But this past decade has been different. So much hate has been spread, so many lives lost, so much money gone, so many jobs eliminated. And the worst of all: The American Dream almost completely gone from view, that if fades into the darkness with all but a slight sliver of light.
I stand now, woken up to the nightmare before us. Seeing those who seek power too much, and those who seek power not enough.
I SAY TO THEM! I SCREAM AT THEM WITH ALL MY BEING!
I WILL NOT GO INTO THE DARKNESS WITH MY AMERICAN DREAM!
I WILL WALK THRU THE DARKNESS YOU CREATED TO SERVE THE TRUE LIGHT OF AMERICA!
I INVITE ALL WHO READ THIS TO JOIN MY CAUSE.
I am a capitalist, I'm just not their kind of capitalist.
I AM A SOCIAL CAPITALIST
THE TENETS OF SOCIAL CAPITALISM:
1. Compassion thru Cost: Unless it's an entitlement because you put something in, it will always cost you something.
2. All American Citizens have the right to speak their mind without fear of reprisal or death.
3. Even the poorest of American Citizens are important.
4. If elected to office, always fight for peace unless peace is not an option.
5. If war needs to be declared, the elected must ensure there are clear goals and objectives to win the war.
6. America is not and should never be the policemen of the world.
7. Privately owned businesses that are not based on limited liability are to receive a permanent tax rate of 15%. The owner shall not be double taxed.
8. Privately owned businesses that have ten (10) or more hired American citizens that are not based on limited liability shall have a permanent tax rate of 10%. The owner shall not be double taxed.
THIS WILL BE CALLED THE TEN FOR TEN PROGRAM.
9. All members of the armed forces, doctors and physicians who practice in public hospitals, and teachers in public schools shall have a permanent tax rate of 2%.
10. Farmers will have a permanent tax rate of 2%
11. The government shall have a public option of health care for those who have no health care option. However, if a citizen uses coverage for themselves or their family as form of payment for option they will lose their tax exemption and child care credit for two years from the date of the care needed. Special needs families are exempt.
12. If a person chooses not to have health care they will not be mandated or taxed. The government will cover the cost for 60 days until said person pays out of pocket for the care. If they are unable to pay or chose not to pay after the 60 days tenet #11 takes effect. Special needs families are exempt.
13. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid shall not be cut until cuts to all other programs and services are made, including armed forces.
14. The borders shall be secure. 10% of the defense departments budget and resources shall be transferred to the border patrol for a more secure border with the majority of those funds for manpower and vehicles.
15. Apprentice programs for American citizens shall be encouraged.
16. Any branch of government institution shall make no law (written or implied) that gives a single religion preference over another.
17. The government has the right to celebrate single holidays already established.
18. Private persons, businesses, and establishments may celebrate any holiday or religion they wish at the discretion of the owner without fear of reprisal, discrimination, or lawsuit as long as the hired personnel are informed of the holidays or religious practice before being hired.
19. Small insurance businesses have the right to conduct business across state lines as long as all coverage to the insured is in-network only and meets with the other states regulations if any.
20. Corporations that are headquartered not in the United States shall be treated as citizens of the country they are headquartered in, meaning it is illegal for a citizen of another country to contribute to a political campaign or political charity organization.
21. Marijuana will be legalized for recreational in home use with regulation, taxation, and protections for landlords.
22. All Americans have the right to bear arms and that right will never be taken away, however the government may restrict persons from having guns if they do not have a license to use a firearm, especially in cases where a question of mental illness or mental stability is involved.
23. All Americans have the right to defend their homes from intruders without fear of lawsuit.
24. Every American citizen is only responsible to pay for their own legal council in regards to civil lawsuits and cannot be sued for the cost of legal counsel for the other party.
25. THE GOVERNMENT WILL TREAT ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS AS EQUALS WITH EQUAL OPPORTUNITY UNDER THE LAW. REGARDLESS OF SEX, RACE, RELIGION, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
I WALK THRU THE DARKNESS TO SERVE THE LIGHT.
WILL YOU JOIN ME?